Sunday, September 7, 2014

Class Exercise 4 a & b


With exercise 4a, I don't really agree with how contradictory is a form, After all, it is still a way of saying complementary or expositional text.



Redundant:
Ugghh... That's tight.

Contrasting:
At least I found a spot.

Complementary:
This is why I should have strung for business class.


Unrelated:
Where was the farm again?



I really liked how our story came out for exercise 4b, because of how unexpected and wildly different it would be to the other groups, the ending scene and text just worked so well together in context.

I had known about the components of using text individually, but I had never thought to categories and examine them in isolation. And because of it we were able to come up with such a swell story - as only parallel text would allow for a different story as expected from the images presented.

And because parallel text could be unrelated, coupled with the inspiration of Alan Moore's watchmen that used parallel text to tell related yet unrelated stories, we were able to come up with the story of the planning of a murder.

The core was using parallel text to say the phrase "Revenge was a dish best served cold", which worked wonderfully with the last panel of the girl eating the ice cream. I also loved how Moore-ish the combination felt, in terms of atmosphere.



No comments:

Post a Comment